Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A day to celebrate




Just a little humor to lighten the day for those of us in the administrative role. 

A year ago yesterday, I started a new job at a new company.  I was anxious and a little very melancholy.  I had left a position of 11 years, no friends to call my own beside me, all new coworkers, new boss, and not a soul I was working with knew it was Admin Professionals day.  This year, I am no longer alone (most are still clueless that there's a day to celebate me), but I have so much more to celebrate.  I've got a great network of new friends, many individuals to support and keep me busy, and a wonderful group of management who make it worth the effort to get out of bed and drive to work each and every day.

While I never anticipated this is where I would be 28 years after high school, I am thankful for all of the friends I have made throughout the years.  I maintain so many relationships from past employment; I would not be the woman I am today without their influence and continued friendship.  This type of position has allowed me the work/life balance I so desperately need/ed, it has afforded me the time to begin and finish a BA in Organizational Leadership as an adult learner, and while I don't make a huge salary, I am able to continue supporting my family.  For all of that, I am grateful.

If you have a friend or coworker in the service of providing administrative support, please thank him or her today!  It goes a long way and will make their day.  I promise.



*ETA:  They remembered me! 
At about 3 pm, they presented me with
a card and a gift certificate to a local spa.
 So nice to be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment