Friday, November 18, 2011

COLD for a Cause

It was a chilly, cold November morning, but I did it...  dropped Henry at school for Select Choir, and headed toward Target yesterday morning. 


The line started in the wee hours of the morning, but had only made it to the corner.
7:15 am, I had found my spot.

 With my Caribou mocha in hand.
We watched the sunrise and shivered together.
Strangers all lined up,
Minnesota nice,
creatures of this annual habit,
with a love of music.

 I was the pivot.
And convinced everyone behind me to
WRAP
and shift around the building to be out of the wind.
Did I mention it was cold?
12* "real feel" with the windchill.

And then it came.
Finally.
After listening to a conversation
in front of me about physics, and the probability of making a green light
and behind me, long-term care insurance and aging parents...

8:00 am
...we were let in through the channel of red & gray carts...

The coveted prize.
One of the Cities97 Sampler 23 CDs.
For my very own.
Fabulous music for a wonderful cause.

Sold out in a matter of hours.
If you missed it, or want to know what all the hullabaloo is about.
Click the link above.

Happy, happy girl am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment