Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today, I am... centered, focused and in balance.

I did it.

Did what?, you ask.

Nothing.

I did nothing.

For 15 whole minutes.

Well, okay - I tried to do nothing. 
Actually, I tried some yoga poses to bend the body, as well as the mind. 

The first step in The JOY Diet is to do nothing, and on Day 3, I finally managed to do it.  The boys left the house for choir.  I lit a lavendar "wood burning" candle, turned out the lights, put on Soundscapes and quieted my mind.  I listened to my breathing.  I stretched beyond physical boundaries.

Maybe this sounds simple to you.
Try it.
I implore you.
Unless you're already in the practice of doing nothing, it is not easy to do.

I get many comments about how busy I am, energetic and always running.
Sometimes all of that activity gets me into trouble and spread too thin.
I actually find FOCUS in being busy, as crazy as that sounds.
I have many irons in the fire and I am always looking for the next challenge.

But this year I vow to do nothing.
Well, okay...  at least for 15 minutes a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment