Saturday, May 17, 2008

White Castle, Bowling & Herbs

After Henry's swim lesson, we headed to White Castle for sliders with Grandma and Grandpa! I think I've said in the past that I am one who indulges this craving at least a few times a year. I'm pretty sure, however, that I've surpassed my visit quota this year and it's only May! Grandpa likes to encourage the kids to build castles with the empty boxes. The tower didn't get very tall without falling over.

We ended up driving to Brunswick Zone nearby for a game of bowling. I hadn't been bowling since I fell at a work event back in December. I miss the game! I hope to get back into a league sometime soon with JP. That was a fun activity to do together. The kids enjoyed themselves and the great thing about this alley is that you can program the "bumpers" to come up only when the kids are up to bowl. Alek and I were neck-in-neck on score for a while but he won. A quick trip through the arcade on our way out and we discovered a few credits left on Ms. Pac-Man so I played until my shoulder got sore. Ha! It was already sore from bowling so I didn't get to play long.

Back at the house we did a little planting when JP got home from work. It will be nice to see how JP incorporates all of the fresh herbs into the cooking this summer! My taste buds can't wait!

Our neighbor's tree is finally in full bloom! I just love seeing it every year out my kitchen window. A sure sign that spring is also in full bloom in New Hope!




No comments:

Post a Comment