Monday, September 9, 2013

healing update

This is what my face looked like on the day they took the 10 stitches out of my cheek.  Looks a little raw, yes?  The scar should fade with time and a little application of something called New Skin.  I'm hoping so!  It's not quite as evident looking straight on, however.

I am just thankful that I caught it in time.  Praying this was my only incidence of basal cell carcinoma.  Heck, I'm not even sure I can tell you what to look for or how I discovered it.  I've tried telling those who have asked me, but all I can say is that it was something out of the ordinary that wasn't there before that got me to seek the opinion of a professional.

Yes, I'm a believer in modern medicine.  I'm also very thankful for doctors who know what they're doing, and skilled plastic surgeons who promise to do their best job, every single time for every single person.

I am healing nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment