Thursday, September 12, 2013

cen·te·nar·i·an {she would have been}

Grandma would have been 100 today. 
September 12, 1913 - April 17, 2006
She married William Earl Henry.
The love of her life.
 
 
LuJean
 Such a beautiful name. You don't hear the name being called out at playgrounds these days.
It has such a lovely ring to it. But her name fit her to a T. I can still hear Grandpa calling her from his arm chair in the living room. Although he also interjected "Mother" on occasion too!
And her reply {that comes to memory}: Oh, Bill! emphasis on the B.
 
 
They had three children.
Jim, Sandra & Sue
 
 
 



celebrating 50 years of marriage
 
I was lucky to have both of my grandmas in my life growing up.
 
 
The habit I picked up from this one?
Stuffing my tissue up the sleeve of my sweater.
Saving it for later.
I know...  gross, right?!
stop laughing



cen·te·nar·i·an

[sen-tn-air-ee-uhn] 
adjective
1.
pertaining to or having lived 100 years.
noun
2.
a person who has reached the age of 100.
 
 
with Alek
 
with me


The pictures above were probably taken at roughly the same age
of the children in her lap, somewhere slightly younger than 2.
 
The boys got to spend time with their grandparents.
They will probably remember visiting them at North Ridge Care Center
 more than at their apartment in St. Louis Park,
or their home on 201 Upton in Bryn Mawr.

Christmas 2004
 
Grandma had gorgeous alabaster skin,
didn't believe in modern medicine,
and had a fascination with owning one too many white blouses.
 
Miss you, Grandma.
xoxo
 
Happy 100th Birthday!
 
 
Henry would have enjoyed seeing your smiling face
& hearing your name announced by Willard Scott on the air.


It's his goal to be announced as a centenarian someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment