Thursday, December 8, 2011

today: nineteen.


Just another day
to most.  Today.
To me, the day
I gave you life.
Into this world,
hope & dreams.
My future.
Your future.
Your giggle and smile.
Such a beautiful
little boy.
Blonde hair.
Blue eyes.
All a mother
could ask for.
Full of hope.
You grew.  Changed. 
Grew some more.
The way you looked
UP to me
has since changed to me
looking UP at you.

I did my best
to teach you.
to love you. 
to protect you.

Will it sink in someday? 
The truth. 
The love.
The sacrifice.

Missing you.
Oh wayward son,
how I miss you.
Will my heart ache this time each year?
I pray for healing.  His healing of your heart.
The One you choose not to believe in.
Even now.  I pray.  I love you.

Happy Birthday.

I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment