My highlights this week, in no particular order:
- finally seeing the scale move in the right direction and losing four pounds in the last two weeks (the same four pounds I lost in the Spring, but it's a start and I'm excited to say I have a goal of another 6 pounds by Christmas)
- being over-the-top thrilled for my boys in their passion for music (Henry started Select Choir on Wednesday and Oliver sang at the Mayor's breakfast)
- living paycheck-to-paycheck, but staying above-water in an otherwise crazy economy (thankful to have a job, even if it's not following my passion rightthisveryminute)
- finding a local merchant who will make us a farm-table for 1/3 the cost we originally thought we would have to pay for an heirloom table (old set now for sale on Craigslist); in our effort to change things up again, because we can, I am also still trying to find a buyer for our gently-used, excellent condition sofa/loveseat if you know anyone looking.
- beautiful weather ahead this weekend to do all of the activities on the agenda below, as well as finish up the outdoor projects at home
- volunteering for set-up of the All Saints Carnival and inspiring my son to do the same!
My Saturday, however, will be crazy busy, so I am praying that Father Time slows things down starting about 4 o'clock this afternoon. It looks something like this: Going to the chiro in the morning, then I have lunch with my friend Ginny, Hank has basketball evaluations, JP and I are going to see aforementioned table/craftsman's workshop in Minneapolis at 2 pm, Hank has jumping at SkyZone for church and then a party at night. Phew!! I'm exhausted just typing it all out. Oh, and it's a costume party and I don't want to purchase anything to wear... must.get.creative!
I hope that YOU have a wonderful weekend ahead of you... and that you take time to be thankful for the abundance in your life. Look around, you'd be surprised at all of the little things that add up to big ones.
There is nothing to practice.
To know yourself, be yourself.
To be yourself, stop imagining yourself to be this or that.
Let your true nature emerge.
Don’t disturb your mind with seeking.