Friday, July 8, 2011

Ready to get "blissed out" baby!

Today will be a great day! 
This weekend, even better!   


Leaving work early to road trip it five hours from Minneapolis to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I am generally not a fan of road trips {especially as a passenger} but will make the trek with my girlfriend Ginny riding shotgun!  We lucked out and found a last minute room and will be staying at the Grand Geneva, where the Yoga Journal conference is being held.

Ginny and I are both signed up for six sessions, only parting ways once - she will do a chataraunga class {something I'm not quite ready to master and do not wish to make a fool of myself trying} and I will get out of my comfort zone and try yoga with music* instead.  Our weekend ends late afternoon Sunday and then we drive home.  I'll be dragging tail come Monday morning, but this opportunity is soooo worth it!  Time with a girlfriend to zen out, work on our yoga postures and leave the cares of regular life behind us for three days.

M1EZRA | Maty Ezraty
Shoulder Openers and Alignment | Asana practice with discussion.
(Therapeutic, Mixed levels)(Sat, 8:00am-10:00am)


M2JOHN | Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band
The Groove Is in the Heart: Heart-Opening Vinyasa Practice 
Mostly asana with chanting. (Mixed levels)(Sat, 10:30am-12:30pm)


M3CRAN | Jason Crandell:
Opening Your Hips and Aligning Your Shoulders
Mostly asana (Mixed Levels, Beginners)(Sat, 3:30pm-5:30pm)


M4FOLA | Lilias Folan
The Joy Is in the Journey | Teachers welcome to take notes.
(Mixed Levels)(Sun, 8:00am-10:00am)


M5CORN | Sean Corn
Yoga for a Broken Heart | Practice and discussion.
(Mixed Levels)(Sun, 10:30am-12:30pm)


M6CRAN | Jason Crandell
Moving Toward Stillness
Mostly asana with discussion. (Mixed Levels)(Sun, 3:30pm-5:30pm)




*My second session on Saturday will be the one with the music of Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band {playing in the background of the video above}.  Just might have to add a CD to my retail-therapy shopping bag while perusing the vendors this weekend. 

Signing off the blogosphere after midday Friday and blissing out....

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!


3 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm so envious! Road trips with girlfriends are always fun! Haven't done it in such a long time though! Hope you have a great time!

    I'm your newest follower from Hop Along Friday Blog Hop!

    Also, I wanted to tell you personally that I have a site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do elsewhere. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. The traffic we generate for our members is usually VERY good considering we're a fairly new site. In just 2 weeks after our relaunch, we've accumulated over 5,200 posts! Please come take a look and I guarantee you will be impressed with the results.

    You may also want to join us for one of our events that really do help you gain immediate followers I WILL Follow You! (Increase Your Site's Follower List).

    Hope to see you there!

    Sincerely,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds and looks like a good time was had by all. I love road trips. Your blog header is beautiful. I'm a new follower from Friday Follow. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there- love your site! My younger boys are the same age as your two younger ones. Yes, I co-own a medical device manufacturing company in Centennial, Colorado. What industry are you in?

    laura

    ReplyDelete