Friday, August 6, 2010

The F Word

Feeling fat & frumpy. 
Less than fit, and a little bit fluffy. 
Still fabulous at forty-something, however.

Caught myself contemplating life this morning in front of the mirror and I still cannot believe I have another birthday around the corner.  When do they stop coming?!  Oh, yeah.  When we're dead.  Well, I obviously do not wish THAT to happen anytime in the near future.  So I guess I'll just brace for the inevitable.

The mirror still smiles back at me and I must say that there are minimal wrinkles, crows feet or laugh lines.  That doesn't mean that I don't smile, laugh or cringe, but perhaps I have the "good Chapman blood" raging through my veins and my skin will always look youthful.  One could only hope.  I have a friend who recently went to get botox in her brow.  I guess it only lasts a matter of months. It looked good although I couldn't tell you if it looked wrinkled to begin with?!  I think I'd rather put my money away for vacation instead.  That seems to me to be a far better stress reliever and cure for wrinkles. 

So in the weeks and months ahead, I know that I will be feeling far differently about my body and being forty-something.  I won't be the only one paying attention to my figure.  And that's just fine with me. 


What makes you flip for fridays?

No comments:

Post a Comment