Monday, February 1, 2010

Be a Blessing, Live the Dash

Do you believe in premonitions?  I had a dream this weekend that someone emailed me a name of someone who died.  The name was spelled out in ALL CAPS.  When I woke, I thought I remembered the name, but the more I thought about it that day, the name became less clear.  They say things come in three...  but I only know of two individuals recently who have passed away.  I've been told that I should ignore such premonitions.  Perhaps that's a good thing for this week.

This past Wednesday, January 27th, two friends lost their Mothers.  One lived to be 98 and the other 85.  What a wonderful blessing to their daughters that they lived such a full life.  The stories that can be told and retold in years to come, the humor that was passed down from generation to generation, and most of all the LOVE that bonded mother to daughter.  Peace be with you wonderful women.

"...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life" John 3:15
My great-grandmother lived to be 94.  My grandmother, 93.  My mother...  she wants to die before 90.  I guess I don't blame her as I've often thought the same thing.  But I guess as long as I've got my health - why not carry on the tradition of living long enough to be a blessing.  And live "the dash".  I love you, Mom.





1 comment:

  1. Julie, I wish you had met my mom (perhaps you did, but I can't recall it). I've heard more stories this week about what a fun person she is, things I hadn't heard before. Certainly had a great sense of humor. Enjoyed the pictures you posted of you, your mom, and grandma. Treasure them!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete