Friday, June 5, 2009

My Work Here is Done

I returned to work this week. What a long week! But I survived. We all survived my being gone and they missed me (or so they say). I didn't win the $232M PowerBall, Neal won that. So my dreams of being independently wealthy went out with the ticket in the trash last Tuesday. LOL! Life goes on.

When I got back to work, my desk was uber-clean and things were at right angles. I don't mind clean and organized, but this was a tad too organized. It even appeared as though my junk drawer was in some kind of order.


(click to enlarge and play "find the...")

In reality, nothing has changed on the outside. Work is the same. Desk is where I left it. People have come and gone, but for the most part still round out to be 200 individuals or so who rely on my presence. Kronos clock is still on the wall begging for me to greet & swipe as I enter the building.

Yep, life is good.
I've got a job.
It's Friday, and almost time to go home.

I still look forward to the day when I win the jackpot... I'm not defining what that means... but when it happens, I'll know!

Oh, and this week, I've decided that my gravestone (if anyone cares or ever has to buy one for me) will say only one thing.

No name, no dates (I'm living the dash)...
just this:

**POOF** My Work Here is Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment