Friday, June 26, 2009

Looking back...


I was cleaning out an old email folder when I came across this note I had sent myself about Oliver at age 3.
Oliver at Three: If I had to sum it up - he's a very precocious child. Oliver's also very inquisitive, his latest question to everything is "Mommy, where you get that?" Another favorite saying is "Mommy, I love you too, Happy Birthday" followed by a loving hug. He adores his older brothers and takes after them (when he can), they often run away from him leaving him to play "tag" in the house and yard. He cuddles his blanket and says "My Baby". Oliver's most recent antics that drive Mommy crazy are disappearing in stores (like Costco) with great vigor. He doesn't care where he is or who's around, he just takes off. If I take my eyes off of him for a second, he's gone. Of course, he refuses to sit in a cart. He'll take off through doors as well, leaving adults looking behind him for me and giving me a dirty look that he's off by himself. Makes shopping enjoyable - not! Oliver likes anything Jimmy Neutron, Dora or Arthur. He's very happy, eats everything put in front of him, and loves unconditionally.

He's still very precocious. Doesn't eat MUCH of anything put in front of him. But loves unconditionally... always!

2 comments: