Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pity Party Over

I found out yesterday that I didn't get the job I wanted. It was perfect for me. I was already seeing myself in the job and making plans for a grand summer and fall learning new things about the business and then WHAMO - reality hit me square in the face. Guess that's what happens when one puts the cart before the horse. I spent a good hour crying in my tea and being consoled by my many supporters. When the tears were done, the anger reared it's ugly head (thanks Karen for letting me vent).

And then there's the support of my husband... he knows how badly I wanted this new job. His chat comments made me cry and then laugh. I had to attend class last night and between leaving work and arriving, I received the following email from him: "I love you and could not be more proud of you whether you swept floors for a living or was the ceo of a major corp. xo" I must have done something right to deserve his love... and when I got home from class and the house was quiet, I found a boquet of flowers on the counter, together with chocolate-raspberry truffles and a note from my boys saying that they loved me. They melt my heart.

So... for now, I am continuing to walk on this side of the fence... adding one more year to my 25 years as an admin or office manager in a support role. I emailed my boss and VP that they're stuck with me. Their support and encouragement for continued growth has been a wonderful thing. I have a job (unlike so many others in our country during this economic downturn) and I work with people who I really enjoy being around. I am thankful, so very thankful. Time to refocus my energies on school and other impending, very important events in 2009!

Oh, and now that I don't have to worry about traveling for a new job, you can bet I'm booking that cruise for Spring 2010!

This morning I thank God for his blessings... and the windows & doors that are in my future yet to be opened.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that that the job didn't work out...it is their loss for sure. You have a great attitude about life, maybe it means something even better is waiting for you. And I get dibs on doggie child when you take that vacation in 2010 :)

    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete