Saturday, February 28, 2009

Practicing Patience

My mind has been here, there and everywhere these past couple of weeks. I haven't been able to slow it down enough to make time to blog. I've had numerous ideas and days with a fleeting moment of brillance and then it's gone again.

The month of February was filled with busy work days, homework, housework, family activities, and more homework. I had a fabulous year-end review at work a couple weeks back, and at the same time I've been interviewing for another job at work. I've been trying hard to practice one of my identified weaknesses - patience - in all areas of my life. This past week I've been trying to let it go and sending it up to God for His handling. That is equally hard, knowing that it is now out of my hands and my future work possibilities are being determined by so many others that all I can do is wait. Keep me in your prayers? This would be the ideal position for me and I am ready to embrace change in 2009!

March will be equally busy... hopefully some exciting new opportunities... and 8 years under my belt at work. The end of one class and beginning of another. I'll try to stay in touch, and blog when I can.

When no one steps on my dreams there'll be days like this
When people understand what I mean
therell be days like this
When you ring out the changes of how everything is
Well my mama told me therell be days like this

Oh my mama told me
There'll be days like this

~ Van Morrison

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and hoping for good news with the job. Hope you don't have to wait too long to find out. And congratulations on 8 years!

    ReplyDelete