Friday, October 31, 2008

boy, does this sound familiar!

I found this on a coffee mug on a website today! I certainly don't need another coffee mug in the house, but couldn't resist sharing the sentiments on the mug.

Get up out of bed
Wash your face, brush your teeth, comb your sleepy head
Here’s your clothes, and your shoes
Are you wearing that?
Where’s your books, lunch, and homework?
Grab a coat and your gloves
Don’t forget you gotta feed the dog


Eat your breakfast it’s the most important meal of all
Take your vitamin
Don’t shovel, chew slowly
Did you wash behind your ears?


Play outside, don’t play rough, will you just play fair
Be polite, make a friend, don’t forget to share
get along, wait a turn, never take a dare
Work it out, don’t make me come down there
Clean your room, hang your clothes, put your stuff away
Make your bed we don’t have all day
Were you born in a barn? Would you like some hay?
Can you hear even a word I say?


Answer the phone, get off the phone
Don’t sit so close, turn it down, no texting at the table
No more computer time tonight
Your iPod’s my iPod if you don’t listen up
You’ll appreciate my wisdom when you’re older someday when you’re grown
Can’t wait til you have a couple little children of your own
You’ll thank me for advice I gave you so willingly
But right now I’d thank you not to roll your eyes at me


Close your mouth when you chew
Try a bite, maybe two of the stuff you hate
Use your fork do not burp or I’ll set you straight
Eat the food I put upon your plate


I don’t care who started it
You’re grounded until you’re thirty six
Get your story straight and tell the truth for once for heaven’s sake
And if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you jump too?
If I’ve said it once I’ve said at least a thousand times before that
You’re too old to act this way
It must be your father’s DNA
Look at me when I am talking, stand up straighter when you walk
A place for everything and everything must be in place
Stop crying or I’ll give you something real to cry about


Get in bed, get a hug, say a prayer
Don’t forget - I love you
You don’t need the reason why
Because I said so
I’m the mom!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a comedien sing this once and it was a riot. So true.

    ReplyDelete