Thursday, October 23, 2008

Are you a donor?

While catching up on one of my favorite blogs, I came across this site and wanted to do my part to invite others to become a donor too!

If you could help someone else have a better life on earth after you are gone (by being a donor), wouldn't it be even more special to see them benefit while you are both still alive and kicking??

I am a donor. It's on my driver's license and my family is aware of it. I was even willing to be a living lung donor a couple of years back. Unfortunately, as we were going through the matching process (and I had already passed the first series of tests), the woman to whom I was going to donate passed away.

Today, I am a living life donor - or a donor, living life. Confusing as it is, I am so blessed and fortunate to be able to help others realize their dream of becoming parents. Being a gestational surrogate has helped me live life like I never imagined before.

My aunt died from multiple myeloma. My friends have had breast cancer and are in remission. My dear friend has recently been dealing with thyroid cancer. My previous pastor is dealing with cancer, stem cell transplant and chemotherapy at Mayo as we speak. Cancer sucks in so many ways.

Won't you be a donor too? Give life! Live life! Pay it forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment