Friday, June 13, 2008

A Not-So-Secret Admirer

It's all over, the girls are chasing Henry! And one girl, in particular, has made her intentions known. Henry received some postal mail this week. Yep, not the kind that comes electronically and is free; the good, old-fashioned kind with increasing postage.

Pen(cil) to paper, it was a love note, of sorts. I did not get to witness him opening the letter nor have I had time to ask him what he thought, however, the phone rang last night and I could tell it was her. When he finished the conversation, he asked Dad where the letter went. I didn't have the heart to tell him I brought it to work to scan it (for posterity and sharing, of course), but said I knew where it was and produced it.

Later in the evening, the phone rang again. Still for Henry, but this time a male classmate asking if Henry was attending another girl's birthday party. Seems strength at 9 comes in numbers. "Yep, uh-huh, okay," Henry replies. Conversation semantics comes slowly for a recently graduated third-grader... but he's learning.

And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment