Sunday, March 2, 2008

Definition of Weekend

week·end (wēk'ěnd')
n. The end of the week, especially the period from Friday evening through Sunday evening.

There never seems to be enough hours in the time between Friday evening and Sunday evening. Is it just me that cannot seem to find enough hours to relax? Do what needs to be done around the house? Play with the kids? Study? Just "be" with my husband?

And as I sit here on Sunday afternoon trying to study, the time seems to pass even more quickly. It was quiet for 2 hours when the boys were at their friends' houses. Now it's back to chaos. I suppose it's time to get dinner going and think about taking Henry to basketball practice. When I'm at church on Sunday evening it's quiet again, so I look forward to studying more. As you probably know and are tired of me complaining about by now, I do not like math. I do not like it, Sam I am. I do not like it in a train, I do not like it in the rain. We're now working on ANOVA and the worksheet is just staring back at me with all its F-ratio and degrees of freedom... taunting my brain to pull yet another miracle of knowledge from within and place it from my fingertips through pencil to paper.

PS: I am still getting a B halfway through this class. The praying must be working. Keep it up!

PPS: I think I've listened to that red cardinal sing his song at least a dozen times this weekend to remind myself that spring is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment