It was 5 years ago today that my grandpa passed away. I miss him. He was the only grandpa I ever knew. My father's dad passed away when my dad was young, so I never met him.
I have fond memories of spending time with my grandpa... some of my favorite include:
- Eating waffles and ice cream with chocolate sauce (although not at the same time!)
- Spending the night and sleeping down the hall from my grandparents
- "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"
- Charlie Weaver - who only came out at Christmas
- Tickling grandpa's hair from behind his lazy boy in the porch, while he listened to the TWINS on the radio
- "Wind sauce and air pudding"
- Celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary at Murray's
Grandpa was a "beat cop" in Minneapolis and had many stories of the paddy wagon and his days on the force.
I was with him and my mom as he took his last breath, and while he didn't always attend Redeemer Lutheran Church with grandma, I do believe they are together in heaven.
...I love you, Grandpa!