Sunday, January 6, 2008

William Earl Henry Gardner


It was 5 years ago today that my grandpa passed away. I miss him. He was the only grandpa I ever knew. My father's dad passed away when my dad was young, so I never met him.


I have fond memories of spending time with my grandpa... some of my favorite include:

  • Eating waffles and ice cream with chocolate sauce (although not at the same time!)
  • Spending the night and sleeping down the hall from my grandparents
  • "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"
  • Charlie Weaver - who only came out at Christmas
  • Tickling grandpa's hair from behind his lazy boy in the porch, while he listened to the TWINS on the radio
  • "Wind sauce and air pudding"
  • Celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary at Murray's

Grandpa was a "beat cop" in Minneapolis and had many stories of the paddy wagon and his days on the force.

I was with him and my mom as he took his last breath, and while he didn't always attend Redeemer Lutheran Church with grandma, I do believe they are together in heaven.

...I love you, Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment