Monday, January 28, 2008

Lost & Found

Tonight Alek shared a meal with a youth pastor from church. Surprisingly, he didn't go kicking and screaming, but he was also very cautious. I had coffee with a youth pastor the week before and talked about how I felt Alek was lost. More than that, I didn't want to give up hope and needed help. Alek has been struggling with a lot of things lately and faith is one of them.

While the rest of us went to watch Henry play a basketball game, Alek and Bryan not only shared a meal, but hopefully a few words about God. When Alek was dropped off and came into the gym he had a smile on his face. I asked him how it went and he said it "was good" and that he "liked him a lot." Could it be? Has my attempt to reach out and pull Alek from this wayward path brought him closer to God? Time will tell, but for now I am jumping up & down, smiling from ear to ear and so happy that I found a conduit to help me help Alek. Thank you, Bryan! Thank you, Lord!

And for all of my friends and family who have had Alek on your prayer list, please continue praying, if you will ---> it's working!!

Before Bryan's signature in email are the words In His Grip... what powerful words! I pray & hope that His grip is taking hold of Alek.

No comments:

Post a Comment