Sunday, December 23, 2007

Winter is Here!


Yesterday was the first day of winter and it began to snow again with a vengeance today! The warm weather in the morning (35*) and then a "high" of 19* for the day has a slick layer of ice under today's snowfall. Must drive vewy, vewy carefully!

JP left to go to his brother's for the evening. They will watch football, eat porkchops, and have a cigar! He has to be at work at 3:15 am!! It will be easier to get to the airport from Richfield than New Hope. After a long day tomorrow, the boys sing at 3 pm, and JP at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm. I'm not sure when I will find time to get anything wrapped to put under the tree. We usually save this to do together on Christmas eve, but I fear I'll be doing it all myself this year.

After I took the boys out for breakfast this morning (yes, we skipped church), the boys and I worked on a gingerbread house. It was a long time in the making ~ stored in the basement for almost three years ~ but it is now done! Thanks Gma and Gpa for the gift from year's past.



We now sit and relax, snuggled warm in our house and watch the snow continue to fall outside!

Two more sleeps until Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment