Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lawrence who??


Yes, I am indeed sitting here watching Lawrence Welk reruns. Oh, my! I never realized that Lawrence Welk was a variety show, did you? I recall the orchestra and singers, but not the skits. They are doing a show tonight saluting the "working class" and even did a song with women sitting at typerwriters saluting the secretaries of the world. What a riot! The clothes on the audience is a blast from the past... JP just said "nice jacket, buddy."

I grew up with the polka. I have fond memories of dancing with my grandmother at the Medina Ballroom. She would take us kids and bring us around the dance floor, we would shatish and polka until our tootsies hurt! Those were the days!

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment