Monday, September 28, 2015

I love a parade!


Rehearsals have paid off and these two are officially stepping off on the correct foot in their marching career.  Oliver's first year and Henry's third.  I am pretty stoked about their love of band, well, all things music to be truthful.  They make this Momma smile big and proud!

Plymouth Parade 2015

If you're looking to see them marching/playing before the seasons ends, here are a few opportunities in the month ahead:

Fri 10/2star MB - Football Game - Homecoming7:00 PMArmstrong Stadium




Sat 10/10star Kelly Drive Pumpkin Festival Parade12:00 PMSEA School




Tue 10/13star Parade of Bands Concert7:00 PMAHS Auditorium
Tue 10/31star Anoka Halloween Parade - Anoka, MN1:00 PM         Mainstreet Anoka



I'm having so much fun being a band booster again this year.  It's a lot of work and a ton of volunteer hours. I remember fondly how much time my parents put into it and the friends they made with MY friends' parents.  Amazing the network of bonds you can make with like-minded souls.

I will be traveling down to Tampa to see them march at the Outback Bowl and in a parade in Ybor City in December. I am not chaperoning this trip, however, so will go as a spectator, cheer them on and take plenty of pictures! My airfare is booked and I will rent a room from a place on AirBnB.  A lifetime of memories packed into this trip for maboys and hopefully one they will remember fondly forever.
circa 1982 - my first year marching

1985 with Jon Kuno

No comments:

Post a Comment