Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Music in their genes!

This week has been full with music again at Plymouth Middle School.

Here's a video from the nosebleed section of Oliver's 6th grade choir concert.  It was a very cute song and Oliver told me in advance that I would like this one in particular.  He was right.  The actions were equally entertaining.  The lyrics can be found here.  I am so impressed by the size of the choir this year (although I know it has something to do with the elimination of study halls).  It's very inspiring to see the passion for music passed along from these fabulous teachers to the kids, year after year!  It gives me goosebumps and brings a tear to my eye.



Also on the same night were the performances of the 6th grade orchestra and band. 
An excerpt from the Kitchen Can Can where teachers are also playing on instruments that can be found in the home.




The next evening were the band performances by 7th, 8th grades and the jazz ensemble.  Henry played and although I didn't get video, I managed to record all three songs that he played in.  You'll have to contact me for the mp3 version if you'd like to hear (unless I can figure out how to link it here from somewhere else, yet to be discovered).  The gym was HOT on a 95* day, so each band eliminated some music from their repertoire, but I'm guessing the vote that was taken allowed the kids to keep their favorites.

Left to go in this school year is the Sola Voce performance by Henry (and company) on Tuesday, May 21st at 7 pm.  Then, that's a wrap for music in our school for the 2013-2014 season!

No comments:

Post a Comment