Thursday, September 27, 2012

to the man I love...




You came to me at 38, one of eleven and a large Catholic family at that {said the Lutheran}.

The bachelor who toured with the Minneapolis Children's Theatre Company and sang singing telegrams {in a purple Speedo}, captured my attention 17 years ago.  I am so happy that you've found other ways to share your gift with the world, and I will never tire of listening to your beautiful voice. 


I didn't know what I was getting into, but I knew YOU were the one I wanted to play house with for the rest of my life.  I have been told you are the image of your father, whom I never met.  I am so very thankful to your parents for the man they raised.  I am blessed.

You make my heart skip a beat.

You fill our plates daily with lovingly-made, thoughtful nourishment.

You work very hard "in brown" in the mornings, so that in the afternoon you can make our house a home.

Your "honey-do" list, while still long, is never far from your daily tasks.

Your laughter can fill a room.

Your smile fills my heart.

The way you have raised our boys makes me proud.





Your unconditional love & support, while I fulfilled my dream and gave birth to three children who were not your own, was -  and still is - amazing!

And while our boys may say "we live in a house of sarcasm",

and some may not understand that banter = love @ 3513,
I am proud to say, I love every single minute of it... 

and

I love you!
xo

Happy Birthday, John Paul!



3 comments:

  1. Ok, that made me teary.

    But what we really want is a photo of him doing a singing telegram in a purple speedo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - nice job Jules! He may have the gift of putting it on the table, but you have the gift of putting it into words - nice balance!

    Seriously, what a nice tribute to JP. May you guys have a great time tonight - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a wonderful tribute to JP! He may have the gift of 'putting it on the table' but YOU have the gift of 'putting it to words'!!! Nice job Jules.

    Enjoy your night out - have a wonderful time!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete