Thursday, June 7, 2012

nice day for a ride



It's "bike to work day" in Golden Valley... 
so, not one to be left behind in a challenge, I did it!


I have been talking about riding my bike to work since I started my new employment at the General 7 weeks ago.  For one reason or another, it hadn't happened yet.  So when I awoke this morning and the sun was shining, there were no more excuses in my way.  Sure, there's an ominous thunderstorm warning later this afternoon, but I decided that today was the day.




So I downloaded the app mapmyride.
Found my earbuds and tuned my iheartradio to Cities97.
Packed my work clothes (must not forget the shoes),
and a smoothie for breakfast.
And off I rode...




Made it work in less than 30 minutes, sweaty and feeling great after a couple of hills.  Who knew the application tracked elevation too?!  It was a good ride.  I forgot my work badge in the car back in my driveway, but other than that, I think I could do this a few times a week!

The weather is supposed be around 82* when it's time to go home today.  The same two hills await me on the way home, but I am ready for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment