Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunshine & Dragonflies

I received a surprise package in the mail yesterday...  all the way from the foothills of sunny California.  Contained within was a goodie bag of "sun" products for use on our vacation next week and a beautifully carved wooden ring with dragonflies painted on it.  The saying on the card that came with the ring was very...  apropos?  If you know me or have been following along you know that I am at somewhat of a crossroads in my life.  I won't classify it as a midlife crisis, because it's not (even though I'm technically approaching what could be MY midlife).  However, with all things great and wonderful that have been accomplished in my life in the last 5-10 years, it is definitely time to re-evaluate where I am GOING in the next 5-10 years.

So my thanks to you, Chrissy, for such a beautiful reminder that will adorn my finger and remind me that the best is yet to come!!






The Dragonfly represents maturity and a depth of character. The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world, symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life.  The traditional association of Dragonflies with water also gives rise to this meaning to this amazing insect.  The Dragonfly's scurrying flight across water represents an act of going beyond what's on the surface and looking into the deeper implications and aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment