Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Headline: Retired Surrogate Sits on Couch

Yep, it's that exciting today.  And I'm pleased that the blowing, cold SNOW is on the outside today and I have no where to go, no where to be!

Backing up a week...

March 14, 2011:  The birth went as smoothly as possible...  he was a big baby (biggest I birthed) at 9 lbs. 4 oz. and almost 21" long.  He was wedged in there and not coming out.  Good thing it was a scheduled c-section, let me tell you!  Kudos go to my doctor of 20 years for doing a fabulous job for all of us.

Milk production is 2-3 oz. total per pumping session (every 3-4 hours); finally back in bed and not sleeping upright on the couch.

Swelling in the ankles and elsewhere - still pretty sore...  internal muscles are hurting since yesterday at the incision site.  Too much running, I'm sure. 

Just a few more days of visiting with the Kleiven family before they head home to Norway and show off their newest bundle of joy!  We did it again...










1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to rest the entire day, and you are right, it was a great day for it!

    Been thinking a lot today about how I don't think it could have gone any better for you and team Norway. How simply amazing of a journey for all involved!

    Thank you for the chance to meet sweet Emil, and see T & H again. I'm a lucky neighbor!

    ReplyDelete