Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Ramblings

My 9 year old dressed himself for picture day today.  He also wanted a red background.  I didn't see what he wore as I left before he woke up.  His head is FULL of bedhead curls.  I told him to tell the photographer to leave his hair alone.  He said he would definitely tell him "the hair's off limits".  My fingers are crossed.

I am officially out of my comfort zone in helping with homework for my 6th grader - who is in ALL pre-AP classes.  This is the first time I have felt like I am failing my son.  It's very difficult to swallow one's pride and tell him I don't know.  And then the puzzled look comes back and he asks again.  "No, really Henry, I don't know."  Sigh.

My oldest son called the house last Saturday for a playdate with the boys.  We couldn't make his last minute plans work for us.  They're both holding their breath it works for this weekend.  I hope it does too!

I have a new goal.  By this time next year, I hope to be back to pre-pregnancy weight and into a solid exercise routine...  at least enough that I am not winded by just walking up the stairs!

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be 77* and partly cloudy...  in October!  If you know me - you know that is MY PERFECT WEATHER day.  Honestly.  I think I might be coming down with a Vitamin-D deficiency and need to go to the park (and not return to work) after lunch.

I am taking photos on Saturday morning of my nephew for his senior pictures and another session with a family at the park.  I'm excited and hope I do a good job!

The rest of the weekend will be spent doing some fall cleaning and listing of items on Cra*gslist to get things out of my garage & basement.  If only I had a full month to help my hubby get things moving in the project-department...  oh, to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I have to little girls with new Chinese dresses and shoes that need a nice photo taken...we should chat!

    ReplyDelete