While I was off on my blog trail, I found this on another site as requirements for adoption. Really? No, really!? Your country is abandoning children left and right, and you put these restrictions on who you dictate is the ideal adoption family? Sure it makes sense to run a background check and have a few ideals in mind, but this seems very narrowing, absurd and absolutely ridiculous. No wonder the children are left waiting and wishing.
- Only one parent must travel
- Married couples only
- One parent must be US citizen
- Both parents must be between 30-54 years old
- Married at least 2 years, if previously married see more details
- No more than 6 children at home
- Previous experience with Down syndrome preferred
- Minimum of $10,000 of annual income per family member, including the new child you hope to adopt
- A minimum of $80,000 net worth - really!!??
- Health good, no history of cancer. No medication for depression, anxiety, or schizophrenia.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) must be under 40
- No criminal record or alcohol within the past 10 years
I'm not sure why I am so drawn to this cause lately. The purpose has not yet been made clear to me. If we were at a different place in our lives right now, I would adopt a little girl in a heartbeat. Perhaps I can get my boys enlisted in choosing a child and helping to spread love and sponsor a child? For now, I guess my role in this world dilemma will be educating and prayer warrior. I will pray for families to show up and take these little ones into their homes and hearts, and I will pray for the countries choosing to abandon God's children ~ that they find a way to change this practice.
God bless the little children of the world,