Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Live Your Best Life Weekend

I am flying out to NYC to celebrate ME this weekend.  Meeting Liesl in Midtown and we are going to have a blast, I can just feel it!

I arrive into JFK around 10 am on Friday and will take the train into Manhattan.  Meeting up at noon, we will check into our hotel and then wander the city for the afternoon. I am looking forward to street vendors, pizza, cupcakes and all things Big Apple!  In the evening we will also get our registration materials for the remainder of our LYBL event.

On Saturday, we have life workshops during the day.  Due to our late registration, we had limited choices, but I am happy with who we will get to go see.
In the evening, we are on our own for dinner but will go to Radio City Music Hall for an 8:00 - 10:00 pm celebration.  They requested the participants to wear cocktail attire for the evening.  Trying to travel light and unsure of the changing weather forecast, this might pose a challenge for me!  Time to coordinate and get creative, I guess.

On Sunday, Oprah is sponsoring a charity walk that starts very early in the morning!  We will re-energize with 10,000 other people and walk a 2-mile course that is due to end early morning.  After we've made our way back to the hotel from this fun-filled LYBL event, we are headed to Liesl's house to spend Mother's Day with her family.

On Monday, my travels take me on a layover through Baltimore and I am super excited to get to spend some time & have lunch with my friend Kathy!

I cannot imagine why this LYBL weekend was planned for Mother's day weekend, but I am taking advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime Oprah girls' weekend away.  So, yes, I am being selfish this year on Mother's Day.  And I am thankful that my mother will be taken care of by my family and vice versa.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful. I hope it is everything you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete