Monday, January 11, 2010

Feed *Our* Starving Children



This coming month, Calvary Lutheran Church in Golden Valley, MN, has taken on a challenge to put together ONE MILLION MEALS for Feed My Starving Children.  The meals that we package will go to feed people in Haiti.  Our family participated in this event last year when the church had an equally enormous task of not only putting together its first one million meals but raising the money that went along with it for the costs involved.  You see, normally you might just volunteer at one of the nearby locations.  Our church is stepping up one rung higher each time and also funding the efforts to make it happen. 

As a family we worked five shifts last year toward this lofty goal.  So far, the kids are signed up on Sunday during Grace Place and we are going back (after the Vikings game) and working another shift in the evening. 

Why am I blogging about this, you ask?  I'm looking for volunteers to help us make this a reality.  You can contact me and I will gladly put you in touch with resources at Calvary to work a shift.  There are many shifts available for many hands to work.  And if you cannot afford your time in the next two weeks, it only takes .17 per meal to feed a child. You can Paypal me or drop a check in the mail and I will joyfully put it into my collection bag received at church on Sunday - with all proceeds going to FMSC.  Or you can just add this cause to your prayer list...  in whatever words you can put together...  because a million Christians putting their hands together to end world hunger is also a good thing.

And just in case my plea didn't tug on your heart strings, check out the videos...  they're sure to help you make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I wish Rose were old enough to participate, but i see it says Grade 3 and above.

    ReplyDelete