Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do You Believe?

This morning when I came downstairs to the living room I found two Christmas lists.  One was penned by Oliver and the other by Henry.  They were filled with the usual things, material requests for toys that boys 9 and almost 11 dream of having under the tree.  I'm sure they still believe in Santa Claus.  In fact, even after all my wishing that this would be the last year they believe... I am still in awe of their childhood innocence.
So simple and pure.
But more than believing in Santa Claus, I know they believe in Jesus Christ, the true reason for this season of giving and receiving.  And deep in my heart I know that all of the material things only matter for fleeting hours (okay, maybe days) until they are cast aside for more important things...  like worship as a family on Christmas eve, spending time with friends, Grandma and Grandpa coming over to share in their joy, and making memories as a family over winter break. 

And me?  What do I want for Christmas?  Well, my wish list this year has already been fulfilled...  I gave the gift of life, graduated with my Bachelor's degree, am married to a wonderful man who makes our house a home, have three healthy boys, a roof over my head (and patio) and a job that provides for all of us.  I am so very thankful for all of that and more....  I want for nothing more...

and
I believe.

Oliver's 2009




1 comment: