Friday, November 20, 2009

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  ~ Dr. Seuss

Every year around the cusp of Alek's birthday since he was 14, he gets antsy about his living arrangements.  A few years ago we changed those living arrangements to be 50/50 between households.  This year, it just wasn't enough.  So as of yesterday, Alek is now living full-time at his father's house in Crystal. 

If you want to keep in touch with Alek, let me know and I will get you his phone number and/or email address.  I've asked him to call and we will have Sunday dinner together on occasion, but I'm not sure what the future holds.  I am weary and tired of all that lead up to this decision and look forward to a less strained (hopeful) relationship.  I have learned that there are times in our lives when we just need to "let go and let God."  This is one of those times.

I am very thankful for all the support, love and prayers that surround us in this time of transition and change.  Keep 'em coming.  This is also a time for renewal and healing.  For every one of us involved. 

My wish for Alek is that he continue to stay focused on his studies and graduate with his class in June 2011.  That he begin to find himself and develop WHO it is he wants to become as a young adult. 

I love you, Alek.
Mom  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment