Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Pink Ladies

We had a grand time in Pennsylvania this past weekend!
Back row: Steph, Debbie, Julie
Front row: Jaime, Kate, Colleen


Back when surfing the internet just started to be the thing to do, I stumbled upon a message board of women who were due with a child to be born in November 2000. Sure, it seemed a bit odd and I was very cautious in the beginning about what I shared with "internet friends". However, after 10 years of being friends online, I got to finally meet three more of these friends IRL (in real life)... Debbie, Colleen & Jaime. I believe that this message board started out with a couple dozen ladies and is still going strong today (albeit replaced by keeping in touch via FB instead these days). I've now met about a dozen of these wonderful ladies and their families IRL. My first trip was to visit Sharla and her family in Dallas. We also had a gathering in Chicago for those that could make it when the kids were younger.

This past weekend was Jaime's parents' 40th wedding anniversary and a great excuse to meet up! It was even more fun for me this time around because I didn't have to worry about my family. Sure I missed them and thought there were occasions where the boys would have had a blast, but I haven't had a girls' weekend in years and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!! Although if you ask the girls, they would tell you about my early to bed and early to rise routine. Some habits are just hard to break, even on a mini-vacay.

I think JP has gotten used to the idea that I have a lot of virtual friends who I/we will eventually get around to meeting. One of the gals from this November board lives abroad and we keep dreaming of meeting up with her in the not-so-distant future! Isn't it amazing how the threads of technology can help to build friendships near and far?!


The moral of the story? Life's too short! If you've got a friend who you've been dying to meet up with ~ don't put it off any longer.


Steph, Julie & Jaime


Debbie, Jaime & Julie (November Mommies)

No comments:

Post a Comment