Sunday, June 14, 2009

Walking along and...


the conversation goes:

Mom: Did Dad know about a sleepover tonight? It's the first I've heard of it.

Henry: Yes, but he probally forgot to tell you. He's old.
Mom: Henry!

Henry: Well, he's halfway to dead. He's 51.
Mom: So you think he'll live to be 100?
Henry: Yes.

Mom: Will you come visit us in the nursing home when we're old or do we get to live with you?

Henry: I'm not paying for a nursing home, that's too expensive. You'll have a room at my house.

4 comments:

  1. The first time "halfway to dead" is actually a compliment, and YAY for raising a good son! I'll bet if you ask my kids they'll have already had my nursing home picked out by the time I hit 51, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee half-way to dead. I'm sure I can use that one somehow to annoy him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :))) priceless! Bright kid, Henry! :)

    Hugs from Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know that you are going to be taken care of!!

    ReplyDelete