Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Last minute craziness... ho, ho, ho!

JP was up and out of the house by 4 am. He worked 10 hours yesterday for UPS and will probably put in another full day today. It's snowing again, so I pray his day is uneventful on the roads!

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and started wrapping presents at 5 am. I think it's a record - I finished in less than 2 hours. This doesn't count whatever JP has purchased and stashed away, but for now, everything else is wrapped and in the basement waiting to be brought up tonight when the boys are fast asleep! In years past, we would wait until the boys would fall asleep on Christmas eve before we even started wrapping... but I knew neither of us would make it that late tonight.

It's now 7 am and I'm taking a quick break, watching the TODAY show, and will start baking when the boys get out of bed!

I didn't get my Christmas cards ordered or out in time, so most folks will be getting theirs late from the Foreman house this year.

The boys sing at church today at 3:30 pm and then we'll come home and spend a quiet night together, eating dinner (whatever that may be) and watching Christmas movies.

It will be a long day for everyone... but the anticipation is just hanging in the air as the excitement in the boys' voices & faces carries us through to another Christmas morning!

May you all have a very, Merry Christmas and a blessed day to be with family & friends!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reposting to say just "Merry Christmas!".

    Sorry about that!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete