Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Intro to Stats

My first stats class on Monday night was not as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Because this is on a Christian campus the night began with a prayer. I don't know why this surprised me, but it did catch me off guard. After the prayer I let out a sign of relief and thought that surely I was in the right place at the right time for the right reasons!

We have a very nice professor. The fact that this class is under the PSYCH department is als a huge help. It's less number crunching and more about the application. Of course we still need to understand HOW the numbers are created, but I wasn't as lost as I thought I might be. Our class size is about 20 and there are only two men, besides the teacher. Most of the class is there as a pre-requisite to the nursing program and it appeared that none of us were there because we loved numbers!

We met in a pod (think travel trailer) for our first class. The professor apparently has connections and will get us into a real classroom with heat and brick walls next Monday.

I sat at the kitchen table tonight and did my homework with the kids. It's official, I'm back in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment