Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School


As I walked back from dropping them off at school this morning I tried to take it all in... with every sense of my being. The smell was not a fall crisp day, instead it was low humidity on its way to a 92* high. The birds were chirping in the tall trees grasping onto their leaves before the fall breezes set in to take them on their way. And the monarch that followed me home seemed to tell me that it will be alright to "let go" of the child who just entered all day school.

I took a few, deep cleansing breaths as I walked back up the driveway.

Where does the time go? I have a first grader, a third grader and my eldest just started high school. I even contemplated retirement for a fleeting moment today... and then quickly shooed it from thought.

We celebrated this milestone with lunch, just the two of us, and it was a nice feeling. Then we walked over to Barnes & Noble and got lost in books for an hour. I have two and a half more weeks of days without children to spend with my husband before I return to work. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?!

1 comment:

  1. Days Without Children...sounds like a steamy new soap opra. Your great at this journaling, how about that for the title of your first romance book?

    ReplyDelete